Clow Card: The Return | Free Pattern and Small Tutorial






Hello everyone! 
Bringing a cool anime freebie pattern for you today, I just finished working on my 2022 Clow Card Collaboration featuring over 30+ Artists of different mediums! 
Just a friendly reminder to search 
#Clowcardcollab2022 
on Instagram to check out the rest of the Clow Card Set!






I put in a lot of effort creating this pattern, it'd be a shame to let it sit in my folder without sharing. 

I hope you all find this pattern helpful in the future! 

Honestly speaking, I've been embroidering for a little over 2 years and I found this pattern quite difficult. This embroidery pattern took a lot of measuring, line work, color blending and curves, sigh. Not to mention the Kanji, numbers and lettering font. 

Pulling this embroidery off was not an easy task, I do feel comfortable saying this pattern was definitely advanced, depending on how you use it. I hand embroidered the entire reference image with one strand of embroidery floss thread and needle painting about 2-3 thread colors in each space. 

Moving onto the pattern! ⌣




Freebie Outline Pattern




Color Palette


Top Right Corner Color BROWN (Outline Color)


Top Left Corner Color "The Return" Font Color Fill
Top Right Corner Color "The Return" Font Shading Color Fill 


Small Process







Stitching in small areas now


Using one strand of thread through the entire stitching process, any areas that include the outline needing to be thicker I'll go ahead and do one or two rows of a back stitch outline to achieve that thickness. 
When working in the middle of the clow card (around the purple area) I start with long stitches using the darkest color purple and then work in a lighter thread color in some spaces to add contrast along with shading. 


End Results


I forgot to mention I used brown sewing thread for the banner detail




















I hope this pattern is helpful! 

Happy Stitching! ⌣









Comments

Popular Posts