Painting Materials for Acorns onto 4" Embroidery Hoop | Studio Ghibli Embroidery

 Painting Designs onto Embroidery Hoop

Hand Painting Acorns with Acrylic Paint

Studio Ghibli | My Neighbor Totoro Embroidery


Hi everyone! 
I'm so excited to reveal this embroidery hoop to everyone, this little project was part of a Summer 2023 Studio Ghibli Collaboration, hosted by @stitchingcub!
Revealing my small 4 inch embroidery hoop of Mei Kusakabe from the Studio Ghibli Film: My Neighbor Totoro!

This collaboration was planned for months, if you're curious about seeing everyone's pieces from your favorite Studio Ghibli Film with your favorite character you should definitely check them out on Instagram

I hope you all enjoy the painting materials for the acorns on the embroidery hoop! 


Happy Stitching!

Drawing the Acorns



Drawing all of the acorns onto the embroidery hoop, I'm using the ending song images from the movie as references and then marking the acorn that's going to be green.  

    

When drawing the acorns, I drew four of them and picked out the paint colors I'll be using. 

Painting Materials! 



  • Painting Brushes
  • Water Dish
  • Paint Colors of your choice
  • Dry Cloth
  • Painter's Tarp; or anything to protect your workspace from paint
  • Acrylic Paint
  • Embroidery Hoop

Finished! 



If you'd like to see the behind-the-scenes process, you can become a member on my Ko-fi then you'll be able to see all the exact paint colors I used along with the paint palette used for Mei!

If you're interested in stitching your own Studio Ghibli Hoop I have a few easy patterns for you! 


Thank you so much for stopping by on today's blog, until next time!  






Comments

Popular Posts