Easy Materials for Stumpwork Embroidery | 3-D Embroidery

 Stumpwork Embroidery

Easy Stumpwork Materials for Embroidery

 

Hi everybody!
It's so nice to share these cool materials when it comes to creating and building your very own stumpwork embroidery, here are some of my favorite tools I like to use when starting my stumpwork embroidery.

Also if you'd like to see a full process tutorial on a stumpwork embroidery, be sure to check that out!  

Happy Stitching! 


Materials

I've never done stumpwork without wire before and I'm going to be honest, kind of nervous to even attempt. I'll be listing all of the supplies I'm using to give an idea to everyone what to expect when creating your stumpwork piece! 

Wire

All of the wires I've collected!

Thread

Of course we all know we need thread, but definitely pick up more of that outline thread color you're going to be using to cover all of the wire! 

Interfacing

Is this needed? Hmm yes? I've never cut out my completed stumpwork project without the interfacing, I was too nervous it'll shrivel up since my stitches tend to be tight. 

Scissors! 

Tiny scissors did all of the work! My fabric scissors could NEVER! 
Especially since I need to get into those tiny corners or cut near the edge of the wire, but being extra careful not to cut my stitches off the wire, that'll again...be a nightmare! 

Dual Brush Markers

Just for extra coverage on my end, since I use cotton fabric and that tends to fray and poke out just a little. I used a dual brush marker, the exact color of my outline and began to paint the white fabric from poking through. 
Do be careful when painting your fabric, since dual brush markers are alcohol based they tend to bleed a lot and that can cause your thread colors to be painted. 

Pliers

Don't damage those beautiful hands and always have your pliers helping you cut, bend and manipulate your wire! 


What materials do you use for stumpwork embroidery? 

Also I'd just like to thank everyone who has always referred my very first stumpwork embroidery when creating Genya I didn't think it would inspire and motivate others to create their stumpwork project. When seeing theirs/yours it really blows my mind how creative you all are, especially you all are so unique, it always has such a special twist to it!  

Overall I hope you found this blog helpful for your next project, thank you so much for taking the time to read through!


Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Comments

Popular Posts