Tracing with Carbon Paper for Embroidery

 Transferring Pattern onto Fabric 

Cardcaptor Sakura: Sakura Kinomoto and Tomoyo Daidouji!


Hello everyone!
I hope you all are enjoying the upcoming Holidays with many blessings and cheers to the New Year coming around the corner!
The past Summer was really busy for me and now since being totally less active on Instagram, I've taken full advantage of my time to really focus on providing bigger tips and more crazy ideas! 

Today in this blog I'll just be showing you what tools I use to trace with carbon paper, along with an after picture when it's finished being etched onto the fabric.
Also would like to take the time to mention that I will no longer be able to post the full process of my embroideries onto Google Blogger's website. 
Unfortunately, it continues to delete all of my photos, leaving my blog empty and confusing with no photo reference to match its summary.  

Thankfully, Ko-fi helps me connect with everyone along with sharing full blogs, picture tutorials and videos. It has just been more than useful to share the process on my embroideries from the very start to the final finishing results! 
I hope to see you there this year and all next year!


Happy Stitching! 

Tracing & Etching an Image on Fabric for your Embroidery

Carbon Paper Tracing

Going with the most comfortable process that I've done over the years of embroidering, etching my image onto the white cotton fabric with carbon paper.



If you'd like to see other ways of transferring your reference image onto your embroidery hoop, you can click here

Using Etching Tools

You can use easy household items near you for tracing the image onto your fabric, like pens or pencils. 


Be careful with tracing your image since carbon paper does tend to smudge. 

Results of the Carbon Paper

Once I'm done I can go ahead and start embroidering into the etched image! 

 

Done!

If you'd like to see the full tutorial on the progress of this embroidery with exclusive tips, please join me on Ko-fi for all of the inside details all accessible for you! 

Reference Image:
Cardcaptor Sakura 
CLAMP


Coming January 2024 on Pinterest and Instagram!


Available for Sale now! 




Comments

Popular Posts