Embroidery Journal and Pattern | Jujutsu Kaisen

 

Emboidery Pattern Available on Ko-fi!

JJK: Toji Fushiguro


Hey everyone! 
Dropping another embroidery journal for you, this one is a major throwback and if I'm being honest this hoop almost put me in retirement from the Embroidery community, I kid! 
No, but this embroidery was no joke and took every ounce of mental brain power to pull through. Pain aside, I had so much fun going through it with the friends I had participated in this collaboration with (let's smile and laugh through this pain y'all, also a thousand apologies for bringing this nightmare up again). 
Today I'm just going to leave a mountain of process photos I had saved in my gallery for over 2 years now and giving insight on the growth of developing into more of a multimedia artist. 



 

Also, if you'd like to create your own embroidery style from this reference image of Toji, you can always purchase the 8 outline patterns I have for you available in my Ko-fi shop


If you're new here, let me caution you that this embroidery was very complicated and had lots of steps to complete, from embroidery to Stump work, and as far as working with felt for a more 3-D textured effect. If stump work embroidery interests you, I do have a blog for that when I first did my own stump work embroidery with no experience on it whatsoever, I say that to say, it's okay with doing something that challenges you the first time, you'll end up enjoying it and creating even more of it! 

 

Would you believe me if I said I used a 22g thin wire and sewing thread to satin stitch the entire wire for the arm, because I wouldn't either.


But the truth is I did... I really did. 
Was it fun, eh.
Would I do it again? Ooh...
Am I trauma free? Um... 


All trauma aside, I really did have fun experimenting all the way for this hoop, it definitely took me right out my comfort zone and challenged me to do and try things I never thought I would. 
If you'd like to see the tools I used when it comes to Stump work embroidery (which frankly, I'm no expert, I've only done it twice) these are the materials I used! You can check them out here


After trying to embroidery everything, I moved right onto water coloring and per usual, went to my Prisma color pencils, which I absolutely love using on fabric. Prisma pencils are so vibrant and smooth to use when it comes to coloring onto cotton fabric.

 

Also, I never took photos of a step by step - how to watercolor blog, but I did make a video on using both watercolors and Prisma colors together. 

  

After that was said and done, I moved on to embroidering the rest of the hoop. 


Also, as a courtesy for my fellow friends in the community, I went ahead and uploaded two YouTube videos when it comes to placing and attaching your stump work pieces onto your embroidery hoop. 


And to end it, that's all she wrote! 

You can always follow me on my ko-fi for more insider tips and tutorials for projects similar to this one!









Comments

Popular Posts